Friday, June 16, 2006

Bloomsday, 2006

“Now have thy children entered into their habitations. And nationglad, camp meeting over, to shin it, Gov be thanked! Thou hast closed the portals of the habitations of thy children and thou hast set thy guards thereby, even Garda Didymus and Garda Domas, that thy children may read in the book of the opening of the mind to light and err not in the darkness which is the afterthought of thy nomatter by the guardiance of those guards which are thy bodemen...”
FW, 258

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

i always forget what is really up on this day... i mean that...
It should mean more to me he was great the greatest of them all.....

Thanks for reminding me Great pic.. is that tim miller?

CHE

Liammac said...

There's a great article in the current issue of the New Yorker (available online ) about Joyce's --much aligned- grandson , Stephen James Joyce. Did your father ever meet him , Mike ?

Mike Begnal said...

I don't think he did. In fact I'm pretty sure he didn't, as that's something I would've remembered him saying. I'll have to check out the article...