Saturday, March 12, 2016

Even the Daybreak: 35 Years of Salmon Poetry

Salmon Poetry’s new anthology, Even the Daybreak: 35 Years of Salmon Poetry, is now out, and it looks great. Edited by Jessie Lendennie and with a cover design by Siobhán Hutson, the collection chronicles the history of this vital Irish press. Over the last three-and-a-half decades, they have published many amazing poets, Irish, American, and European. I’m grateful to be among them (Salmon has published two of my collections, Ancestor Worship and Future Blues).

Order the book here:
http://www.salmonpoetry.com/details.php?ID=385&a=88

My poem in this anthology is “Homage to Séamus Ennis,” my lyrical-polemical response to the music of the great uilleann pipes player (for me something like an Irish John Coltrane, in a way). Here is Ennis playing “The Fox Chase”:


No comments: